Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck got it from an old book published in Layfayette,LA
Serves/Makes:15 to 20 lbs.
- 1 hogs head, cut into pieces with eyes, ears and snout removed
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). of pork liver
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 1 large geen bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). or more pork butt, cut into chunks
- 6 pigs feet
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). rice, cooked
- 1 hank sausage casing
- Place all but rice and casing into a pot.
- Cover with water and boil 1 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Remove ingredients from broth and cook until reduced by half.
- Remove bones and excess fat from head, feet and pork butt.
- Grind entire mixture.
- Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- (This is a highly seasoned dish)
- Mix with cooked rice, stirring as little as possible to prevent rice from breaking. If too dry add some of the broth.
- Fill the sausage casing using a funnel or sausage stuffer, tying ends.
- Simmer boudin in the broth for 15 minutes.
- I know the request was spelled boudan but also think it was misspelled.
I'm a retired carpenter that enjoys eating, cooking, baking, looking up recipes for others AND COMPUTERS.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.