Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck, from "the Complete Book of Mexican Cooking" 1976
- 6 poblano chiles fresh or canned, or bell peppers
- 10 oz (280 grm). can tomatillos
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lard
- 24 small corn tortillas
- 6 small cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 oz (84 grm). package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- chopped lettuce and radishes for garnish
- Remove stem and seeds from chiles, cook in salted water 5 minutes, drain.
- In a blender, puree the chiles, tomatillos, cilantro and enough liquid from the tomatillos to make a thick paste.
- Mix the cream with the cheese, add to the puree and add salt and pepper.
- Heat lard and dipping the tortillas one at a time into the puree and fry on both sides until limp.
- After each tortilla is fried, spread with chicken mixture and roll up.
- Place rolled tortillas in a baking dish, keeping warm in the oven.
- Heat the puree and pour over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Serve hot, garnished with lettuce, radishes and chopped onion.
- I have tried many recipes from this book, all were very good.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.