Print Friendly Recipe
- Good enough for guests.
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). ground round
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground pork
- vegetable oil
- 4 medium size onions
- 1 green pepper
- 4 pieces celery
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz (56 grm). milk
- 1 box bread crumbs
- sprinkle of sage
- 6 potatoes
- 4 more onions
- 6 carrots
- bacon strips
- Combine meat in a large bowl.
- In a frying pan place 1/2 inch oil in bottom.
- Chop onions, green pepper, and celery and fry until tender in oil; drain and add to meat mixture.
- Add eggs, milk and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle with sage.
- In a large roasting pan with a rack, place at least 2 cups (475 ml) water in the bottom of the pan.
- Place foil over the rack.
- Form the meat in a loaf and place on rack.
- Cut up the potatoes, onions and carrots and place around loaf.
- Place bacon strips across the loaf.
- Cover the roasting pan and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Remove cover and bake an additional 1/2 hour.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.