Print Friendly Recipe
- Green Chili Sauce
- William Bohannon
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 12 tomatillos husked and pureed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) chicken Stock or pork broth
- 12 green chilies minced (roasted and seeded or use 1 small can)
- 3 minced jalapenos roasted and seeded
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano leaf
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cayenne
- Saute/sweat the onion and garlic for 4 min on med high heat in the oil.
- Add tomatillo and simmer for 5 min.
- Add flour, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and mix thoroughly and cook fo 5 min.
- Add black pepper and stock, whisk to incorporate.
- Add green chilis and jalepenos.
- Add salt and simmer for 25 min.
- Serve over pork enchiladas or carnitas.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.