Print Friendly Recipe
- A delicious variation of Tamale Pie
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green sweet pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). lean ground hamburger
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cornmeal
- 2 cups (475 ml) canned tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned corn
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Dice green pepper and onion.
- Add to celery and brown in oil.
- Add meat and cook until brown.
- Cook cornmeal in tomatoes for 10 minutes and add to meat.
- Stir in corn, seasonings, and olives.
- Pour into greased casserole and top with cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 45 minutes.
- I grew up with this recipe. It was one of my mothers and she was a wonderful cook.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.