Print Friendly Recipe
- A lighter and healthier Shepherd's Pie
- Angela Creighton
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground turkey or chicken
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine mashed potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Saute onion until soft in olive oil.
- Stir in ground turkey (or chicken), carrot, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, garlic, instant chicken granules, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir until meat is broken up and cooked through.
- Stir in flour.
- Transfer meat mixture to a deep dish pie pan or casserole.
- Spread potatoes over meat and swirl with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (200 C.) oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.