Print Friendly Recipe
- Filled with dates, nuts, chocolate chips,candied fruit and brandy
- Roxanne Kelly
Serves/Makes:1 -9x5 loaf
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 (6 oz (168 grm).) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole candied cherries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mixed candied fruit
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). brandy
- Optional: confectioners' sugar frosting
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon colored (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla.
- In large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add chocolate chips, dates, nuts, candied cherries and fruit; mix together.
- Fold in egg mixture.
- Spread in greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree (175 C.) oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, cool 10 minutes and invert.
- When cool, pierce top with 1 1/2-inch deep holes, using a toothpick.
- Slowly pour brandy over top.
- Wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Store at room temperature overnight.
- Drizzle with confectioners' sugar frosting, if desired.
- I found this one in my copy of "Taste/son of best of Taste" cookbook.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.