Print Friendly Recipe
- Low Fat
- Angela Creighton
- 8 manicotti shells
- nonstick spray coating
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) paprika
- 10 oz (280 grm). tofu, drained, and mashed
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) skim milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Rinse in cold water; drain.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Add mushrooms and onion; cook until tender.
- Stir in parsley, Italian seasoning and paprika.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine tofu, egg white, parmesan and mushroom mixture.
- Stuff each shell with 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the tofu mixture.
- Arrange shells in a 12 x 7 inch baking dish.
- For sauce, combine milk, flour, garlic powder, 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt and 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper in saucepan.
- Cook and stir til thickened and bubbly.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Bake, covered, 350 degrees (175 C.) F for 20 - 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 285 calories 7 g. fat
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.