Print Friendly Recipe
- Smooth and silky
- Angela Creighton
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, milk and vanilla.
- Stir until custard is smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the edge of the custard comes out clean.
- The center will be wobbly.
- Remove pie from oven.
- Let pie set for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.