Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken in a lemon-wine sauce
- Angela Creighton
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 4 oz (112 grm). sliced mushrooms
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegatable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) drained bottled capers
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) minced fresh parsley leaves
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour on both sides and set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet, saute pancetta and mushrooms until lightly browned and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the butter and the oil to the skillet.
- Over medium heat, brown the chicken on each side until they are cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken with tongs to a platter and keep it warm, covered loosely.
- Pour off the fat in the skillet.
- To the skillet add the remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, the wine, and the lemon juice, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the pancetta, mushrooms, capers, parsley, salt and pepper to taste and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Pancetta is an Italian bacon they can be found in most grocery stores in the deli section.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.