Print Friendly Recipe
- A quick bread with chocolate chips, nuts and other goodies
- Angela Creighton
- 2 sticks margarine, softened
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- 1 jar (10 oz (280 grm).) maraschino cherries, drained and reserve juice
- 2 cups (475 ml) chocolate chips
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (225 ml) coconut
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Grease and flour two large loaf pans.
- Cream margarine, sugar and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Combine buttermilk, vanilla and reserved cherry juice.
- Blend dry ingredients and buttermilk mixture alternately to margarine mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.