Print Friendly Recipe
- Vanilla ice cream made in a coffee can
- Angela Creighton
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 13 oz (364 grm). coffee can
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). coffee can
- pickling salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put mixture in a 13 oz (364 grm). coffee can.
- Cover tightly.
- Put the 13 oz (364 grm). can inside the 3 lbs (1.4 kg). can.
- Pack ice & salt into layers around the small can.
- Roll can across the floor for 10 minutes.
- Remove ice.
- Remove small can & stir mixture well.
- Repack with layers of ice & salt.
- Roll for 5 more minutes.
- May be served at this time if firm.
- If not, repack & repeat process at 5 minute intervals.
- This is great fun for kids to participate in.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.