Print Friendly Recipe
- Pasta with broccoli, capers, anchovies and mint
- Suzanne Dunaway
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tin anchovies
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) capers
- 3 cups (700 ml) small broccoli flowets, steamed
- pinch of dried pepper flakes or
- 1 small dry red pepper, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- juice of large lemon
- 1 box penne or zitti
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Saute onion for 2 minutes, then add garlic and saute until golden.
- Add tomato sauce, capers and anchovies and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli flowets and cook 2 minutes.
- Add pepper and lemon and let sit while pasta cooks.
- When water boils, add pasta and cook until al dente, only 8 minutes or so.
- Drain pasta, put pasta back in warmed pasta pot, add mint and toss with sauce.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Even people who hate broccoli love this dish, so try it out on them and let me know what happens. You may substitute cauliflower for the broccoli and add a crushed Amaretto biscuit to the last toss.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.