Print Friendly Recipe
- General Foods Corporation, 1981
- 1 package of cake mix, any flavor
- 2 packages (4 serving size) JELLO brand instant pudding, any flavor
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners sugar
- 4 cups (950 ml) cold milk.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, baking in a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Remove from oven.
- Poke holes quickly down through cake with round handle of wooden spoon at 1-inch intervals (or use a plastic straw, using a turning motion to make large holes.)
- Only after poking holes, combine pudding mix with sugar in large bowl.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Then beat at low speed of electric mixer for not more than 1 minute (do not overbeat).
- Quickly before pudding thickens, pour about half of the thin pudding evenly over warm cake and into the holes to make the stripes.
- Allow pudding to thicken slightly, then spoon over the top, swirling it to "frost" the cake.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Store cake in refrigerator.
- Cover with plastic wrap, if desired.
- This is an excellent pudding cake and kids love it. Hope it helps. It is from General Foods in 1981.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.