Print Friendly Recipe
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Sue B
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) white sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 5 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated orange rind
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Wash angel food tube pan in hot soapy water to ensure it is totally grease free.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into bowl.
- Make a well in center. Put egg yolks, cooking oil, orange juice, orange rind, and vanilla into well. Set aside. Don't beat yet.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixing bowl until very stiff. Set aside.
- Using same beaters, beat egg yolk-flour mixture until smooth.
- Gently fold 1/4 at a time into egg whites.
- Pour batter into ungreased 10 inch angel food tube pan.
- Bake in oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Invert pan until cake has cooled.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve plain or frost with Orange Icing.
- Makes 1 - 10 inch tube pan
- This is a very good cake, and a large cake at that.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.