Print Friendly Recipe
- D.M. Rodgers
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 pkg active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract or vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped mixed candied fruits
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) seedless raisins
- Vodka syrup*
- Mix 1 cup (225 ml) of flour, sugar, yeast, and lukewarm water in a large bowl.
- Let stand. Combine milk and butter in a saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until liquid is lukewarm. Gradually add
- liquid mixtures to dry ingredients and beat with an electric mixer
- at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl once in a while.
- Add eggs, almond extract, and 1/2 of the flour.
- Beat at high speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour and turn onto floured board.
- Knead for 8-10 minutes--until smooth and elastic.
- Shape into a ball and place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in bulk--for about 1 hour.
- Stir in candied fruit and raisins.
- Turn into a greased and floured tube pan. Let rise, uncovered, in a warm
- place for 30-40 minutes. (Drafts should be avoided.)
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 35 minutes or until done.
- Before removing from pan, prick surface of cake with a fork and pour vodka syrup over cake.
- *To make Vodka Syrup:
- Combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, 1/2 cup (125 ml) water, and 1/4 cup
- vodka in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- I've not tried this recipe. I found it while searching for another recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.