Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salad oil
- 7 egg yolks, unbeaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) orange juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated orange rind
- 7 to 8 egg whites (equal to 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cream of tartar
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix with salad oil and egg yolks.
- Make a "well" in center of mixture and add orange juice then vanilla and lastly orange rind.
- Beat with a spoon until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar together until whites form very stiff peaks.
- Pour egg yolk mixture gradually over whipped whites, gently folding with rubber scraper just until blended.
- Pour into 10 inch tube panor 13 x 9 inch oblong pan, but do NOT grease pan.
- Bake tube pan at 325 degrees (175 C.) F. for 55 minutes, then at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 to 15 minutes, or bake oblong pan at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 to 50 minutes.
- When cake tests done, invert and cool.
- 1 stick margarine or butter, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). grated orange rind
- Mix all ingredients together and beat with an electric mixer until
- creamy. Spread on cooled cake.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.