Print Friendly Recipe
- OLD FASHIONED HERMIT COOKIES
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped walnuts
- Sift together flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Cream shortening, sugars and eggs together well.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Add raisins and walnuts; mix well.
- Drop by tspful onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.