Print Friendly Recipe
- a spicy drop cookie
- K. Goins
Serves/Makes:about 2 dozen
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) sifted cake flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 1 cup (225 ml) currants or chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped walnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer.
- Beat in the brown sugar and egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, allspice, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients.
- Fold in the currants or raisins and nuts and blend well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.