Print Friendly Recipe
- Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
- 3 cups (700 ml) sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) almond extract
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 well beaten egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- Arrange peaches in greased 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with mixture of 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, almond extract, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- Heat in oven while preparing shortcake.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar, and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is like coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and egg at once; stir until flur is just moistened.
- Spread dough over hot peaches.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) 35-40 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.