Print Friendly Recipe
- Lemon Cheese Filling & Lemon Buttercream
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 stick butter
- 2 sticks butter, softened(do not substitute)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated lemon peel
- 6-3/4 cups (1600 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice
- Cream sugar and egg yolks, add remaining ingredients.
- Cook in a double boiler until as thick as jelly.
- Cool completely and fill layers and top
- Beat butter and lemon rind until fluffy.
- Alternately add confectioners sugar and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Ice sides or cake after filling and stacking.
- Spread a circle on top of cake, then fill in with more lemon filling.
- This cake is a very old Southern tradition. I bake cakes and this lemon
cheese is the number 1 request. However for a tall impressive cake, I do
double the filling recipe, so I'll have plenty. Since I don't like undressed cakes, I came up with lemon buttercream to cover the sides and make a showplace for a pile of filling on top of the cake. And if you really want a showstopper, add a lemon peel rose and a little greenery. I also use this filling in my wedding cakes. Hope this was what you were looking for.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.