Print Friendly Recipe
- basically stewed rhubarb
- 4 cups (950 ml) rhubarb
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) corn starch
- Place water and corn starch in sauce pan.
- Stir together.
- Pour sugar into pan and stir.
- Pour in clean and cut rhubarb.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- We always had rhubarb around when I was a kid and it was used in many things. Stewed (as in above recipe) was used on icecream, hot breakfast cereals and even toast. We also put rhubarb in crisps, coffee cakes, muffins and loaves. The above recipe can be modified to be sweeter with the addition of more sugar, less sugar it's tarter. Spices can be added to enhance its flavor as well ie: cinnamon.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.