Print Friendly Recipe
- Baked Doughnuts
- The Breakfast Book - Marion Cunningham page 100
Serves/Makes:2 dozen plus holes
- 2 pkg. dry yeast
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) warm water
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar mixed with 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in small bowl and dissolve 5 minutes.
- Put milk and shortening in saucepan and heat til melted.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Place yeast in lg mixing bowl and add milk mixture, 1/4 c sugar, salt, nutmeg, eggs and 2 cups (475 ml) flour.
- Beat til blend and then add remaining flour.
- Cover and let rise til doubled; approx 1 hour.
- Flour board, roll dough 1/2" thick and cut doughnuts.
- They don't spread much, but ris.e
- Let rest 20 minutes then bake at 450 for 10 minutes til golden.
- Brush with melted butter and dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve hot for best texture.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.