Print Friendly Recipe
- additional items for your pantry
- Suggest the following basic cooking supplies:
- Soups-cream of mushroom, cream of chicken
- Broths-chicken and beef
- Vegetables of your choice, mushrooms are good, if you like them.
- Tomato sauce-canned tomatoes
- Spaghetti sauce, tuna, chicken
- Also mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce
- Peanut butter, jam
- Pasta of several kinds; spagetti, macaroni, etc.
- Dried beans-navy, white, pinto, etc.
- Flour, sugar, tea, coffee (your choice), brown sugar, powdered sugar
- Oatmeal, crackers, pancake mix, maybe a cake mix or two.
- Evaporated milk, pancake syrup
- As well as the usual fresh ingrediants such as milk, bread, potatoes, carrots, celery and a few spices, garlic powder, salt/pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, basil, and dill.
- These things are good to have on hand. You can always fix a meal using just these ingredients. Get a good saucepan, and a good frying pan. One or two good casserole type pans can be used for many things from baking a cake to macaroni and cheese. As you get more experience, you'll add to these but this is a good start. Cooking is fun and interesting. You'll learn!!
|Email This To A Friend