Print Friendly Recipe
- additional items for your pantry
- Suggest the following basic cooking supplies:
- Soups-cream of mushroom, cream of chicken
- Broths-chicken and beef
- Vegetables of your choice, mushrooms are good, if you like them.
- Tomato sauce-canned tomatoes
- Spaghetti sauce, tuna, chicken
- Also mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce
- Peanut butter, jam
- Pasta of several kinds; spagetti, macaroni, etc.
- Dried beans-navy, white, pinto, etc.
- Flour, sugar, tea, coffee (your choice), brown sugar, powdered sugar
- Oatmeal, crackers, pancake mix, maybe a cake mix or two.
- Evaporated milk, pancake syrup
- As well as the usual fresh ingrediants such as milk, bread, potatoes, carrots, celery and a few spices, garlic powder, salt/pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, basil, and dill.
- These things are good to have on hand. You can always fix a meal using just these ingredients. Get a good saucepan, and a good frying pan. One or two good casserole type pans can be used for many things from baking a cake to macaroni and cheese. As you get more experience, you'll add to these but this is a good start. Cooking is fun and interesting. You'll learn!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.