Print Friendly Recipe
- Virginia Hood
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Karo syrup
- 2 squares melted unsweetened chocolate
- sugar for rolling cookies
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine shortening, sugar and egg.
- Mix in Karo syrup and chocolate.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Shape into balls, roll in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes.
- This is a very good cookie, kind of a chocolate sugar cookie.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.