Print Friendly Recipe
- Cake-like oatmeal
- Angela Creighton
- 3 cups (700 ml) oatmeal
- 1/2 to 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar (depending on taste)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) applesauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add the raisins and nuts.
- Spread in a 9 x 9 inch pan, lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with cream, if desired.
- This turns out almost like a cake.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.