Print Friendly Recipe
- Super Simple Pot Roast
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chuck roast
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water or beef broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can golden mushroom soup
- vegetables of choice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- Add the oil to a dutch oven or any large covered pan.
- Add the beef and brown on all sides.
- Remove the meat and lightly brown the onions.
- Add the soup, water, wine, spices and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well and return the meat to the pan.
- Spoon some of the soup mixture over the meat and cook on low heat for 3 hrs. turning once.
- Vegtables such as mushrooms and small potatoes can be added to the final 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove meat and add a tbsp of cornstarch to some cool water; mix and add to the sauce if it needs thickening.
- Slice and serve with the sauce.
- Someone gave me this recipe years ago and it is so easy and delicious that I make it often. It is also good with wild game.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.