Print Friendly Recipe
- Small potato dumplings
- Joani Bosco
- 2 medium potatoes--low moisture
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) paprika
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Peel, boil and rice potatoes. Set aside.
- Heat milk and butter in a saucepan until boiling.
- Add flour, all at once, and stir vigorously until dough pulls away from pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs and salt into dough until smooth.
- Add paprika, pepper and cheese to dough.
- Blend potatoes into dough.
- Roll into 1/2 inch coils.
- Cook in simmering salted water 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with choice of sauce.
- Please note that the gnocchi should be cooked in simmering water, not boiling. Otherwise, it's not a pretty sight!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.