Print Friendly Recipe
- Flavors of Mexico
- Shredded Beef:
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). beef flank or chuck
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 7 cloves garlic, not peeled
- several grindings of coarse black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 jalapenos or 5 gueros, roasted, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 Anaheim or poblano chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and coarsley chopped
- Shredded beef
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sized orange, juice and grated rind only
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sherry vinegar
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chipotle marinade
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- diced avocado
- diced tomatoes
- diced radishes, optional
- chopped green chile, optional
- diced cucumber, optional
- Shredded beef:
- Place meat, garlic and pepper in a heavy pot with water to cover.
- Cover tightly and allow to simmer until tender, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Add water as needed.
- When meat is done, remove from heat and allow to cool in the broth.
- When cool enough to handle, pull it apart with your fingers or fork.
- Return meat to the broth.
- Mix beef and other ingredients.
- Dress with 2 tsp (10 ml). of chipotle marinade, 2 cloves chopped garlic and serve with diced avocado and tomatoes.
- OR dress with 10 diced radishes, 1 chopped green chile( without seeds if hot), a bit of diced cucumber and a medium tomato, diced.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.