Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). beef rump roast
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml).dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried marjoram
- 8 oz (224 grm). canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) beef stock
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown roast in heavy Dutch oven well; about 40 minutes total.
- Remove meat to platter.
- Saute onions, garlic, and herbs until golden.
- Place roast back in pan, cover with the onion mixture.
- Add beef broth.
- Cover and bake 3 hours at 300 degrees (150 C.).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.