Print Friendly Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine, cut in pieces.
- Combine all ingredients,except butter, whisk until mixed completely.
- Slice a loaf of bread into slices about 3/4 inch thick.
- Lay them in a baking dish, over lapping each other.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread, covering all slices.
- Do not have the slices completely submerged, the parts sticking out will become crispy.
- Dot the bread with pieces of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 40 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- Serve hot with syrup and additional butter.
- Hope this is what you are looking for. Don't really know where I found it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.