Print Friendly Recipe
- Similar to chili
- Lisa J
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon
- 2 large cans light red kidney beans (or 4 small cans)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) ketchup
- cooked rice, optional
- Empty beans(do not drain)into a large pot on stove (medium/high temp).
- Add ketchup to pot.
- Cut bacon and pepper into small pieces.
- Cook in a skillet until bacon is done and peppers are soft.
- Drain most of the grease and add bacon and peppers to beans
- Brown ground beef.
- Add to pot.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper, add more ketchup to taste.
- Cook mixture about 1 hour - can be served over rice
- Longer cooking produces better flavor. Onions can be added if desired. This is also tastier the next day when you reheat it!!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.