Print Friendly Recipe
- Virginia M. Hood
- 1 4 oz (112 grm) bar sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 4 beaten egg whites
- Melt chocolate in water, cool.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and chocolae mixture.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients, alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour batter into three 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 - 40 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.