Print Friendly Recipe
- Timberhill Ranch Restaurant; Cazadero, CA
- 1 cup (225 ml) pecans (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup (225 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 oz)cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground ginger
- 1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Blend first 3 ingredients in processor until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add butter & process until moist crumbs form.
- Press onto bottom and aobut 1 inch up sides of an 11-inch springform pan.
- Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes; cool.
- Wrap the outside of the pan with double thickness of heavy duty wide broiler foil. (Pan will sit in water, & the foil keeps water from getting through the bottom of the pan).
- Using mixer, beat first 4 ingredients in large bowl until smooth.
- Add pumpkin & beat until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla & beat until smooth.
- Transfer to crust.
- Set in a roasting pan & fill with enough water to come about 1 inch up sides of springform pan.
- Bake cake until top is golden and begins to crack and the center is set--about 1 hour 50 minutes.
- Remove from roasting pan. Cool. Chill overnight.
- Does not set as firm as regular cheesecake, but stays creamy & cheesy. Has an excellent texture and creaminess that is a great substitute for pumpkin pie at any holiday gathering. This is similar to the one served at the Olive Garden Restaurant. Serve with whipped cream topping, if desired.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.