Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 cups (700 ml) all purpose flour
- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) white sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) butter
- 4 tsp (20 ml). vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour one 10 inch bundt pan.
- Blend together on low speed of an electric mixer: the flour, 2 cups (475 ml) of the sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, buttermilk, 1 cup (225 ml) of the butter, 2 tsp (10 ml) of the vanilla, and the 4 eggs.
- Beat together for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Butter Sauce:
- In a saucepan combine the remaining 3/4 cup (175 ml) of sugar, 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter,2 tsp of vanilla and the water.
- Cook over medium heat, until fully melted and combined, do not boil.
- Prick holes in still warm baked caked (10 to 12 times).
- Slowly pour sauce over cake.
- Let cake cool before removing from pan.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.