Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious meat filling wrapped in pastry and either baked or deep fried. Wonderful for an appetizer served with salsa, guacamole or sour cream.
- Joani Bosco
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). pastry flour
- 8 oz (224 grm). shortening
- 1/2 oz (14 grm). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) cold water
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cooked beef, chicken, pork or fish
- 1 onion, fine dice
- 1 green pepper, fine dice
- 2 stalks celery, fine dice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T chilies or to taste
- 1 T chili powder
- 3 T tomato paste
- 3 T olive oil
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 T sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) beef or chicken stock
- Mix flour and salt.
- Rub in fat until consistency of sand
- Add water slowly (tossing) until dough is pliable.
- Roll thin and cut with round cutter.
- Moisten edges of dough.
- Add filling (below), fold in half and pinch to seal.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees (200 C.) or fry at 360 degrees (175 C.) until golden.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole or sour cream.
- Brown onion, green pepper and garlic in oil.
- Add seasonings, cooked and drained meat (shredded or finely chopped) and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, add liquid as necessary.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.