Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) small pasta (pastina, or broken spaghetti)
- 1 lb (.5 kg) lean ground beef
- parmesan and romano cheese (grated)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 2 tbs (30 ml) olive oil
- Make little meatballs (sort of like Swedish meatballs).
- One meatball is approx. 2 tbsp (30 ml), but you can make any size you want.
- Cook them in the olive oil, garlic powder, and onion powder in a frying pan.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked, then pour off drippings.
- Turn up the heat and brown them for flavor.
- Set aside until later.
- Soup Base:
- Put 2 cans of the chicken broth into a large soup pot.
- Cut the frozen spinach into several small chunks.
- Mix the frozen spinach with the chicken broth until it is all unfrozen.
- Make sure the spinach is separated.
- Put the meatballs in with the spinach and set aside.
- Pasta/soup mix:
- Put the other can of broth in another pan, add a can of water and some salt then heat until boiling.
- Throw in the pasta and cook until tender.
- Dump this into the big pot with the spinach and meatballs.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until simmering.
- Serve in samll soup bowls.
- Top with plenty of Parmesan and Romano cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.