Print Friendly Recipe
- Potato Onion dish
- D. Sullivan
- 1 lb (.5 kg). potatoes, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). vertically sliced red onions
- 8 oz (224 grm). diced ham
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 3 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 oz (84 grm). shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and simmer for 10 minutes or until done.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add ham and cook till hot .
- Combine potatoes, onions and ham in a mixing bowl with 1/4 tsp (1 ml). of salt.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt, paprika, black pepper, egg whites, eggs or eggbeaters and garlic mixing well with a whisk.
- Add potatoes, onions and ham to a baking dish.
- Pour over egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until eggs mixture is slightly set.
- Move baking dish to broiler for 3 minutes or until egg mixture is set and cheese is melted.
- Gently slide your creation onto a platter and cut into 8 pieces.
- Yield; 4 servings.
- You'll love it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.