Print Friendly Recipe
- Slow-cooked Mexican flavored turkey over rice
- 4 turkey thighs or legs or one turkey breast approximately 4 to 5 lbs (2.3 kg).
- 1 1-2/3 oz (45.5 grm). package enchilada sauce mix
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- cooked white rice
- sliced green onions
- sour cream
- Place turkey parts in slow cooker.
- Combine mix, tomato paste, and water and spread over meat.
- Cover and cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Remove bones, cartilege, etc.
- Shread meat with two forks.
- Turn crockpot to high and stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with sour cream and green onions.
- This has been one of our family's favorite crockpot recipes since the early 1980's.
Use light or dark meat as you prefer.
We've tried them all.
Add more liquid if using turkey breast as there is less fat.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.