Print Friendly Recipe
- Pillsbury Best of the Classics #100
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 c chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 c, powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- Heat over to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10" tube or bundt pan.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well after each one.
- Gradually add 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar and blend well.
- By hand, stir in remaining cake ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon into greased and floured pan spreading evenly.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cool upright for one hour.
- Invert onto serving plate and cool completely.
- Combine all glaze ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon over the top of cake allowing to run down the sides.
- Store tightly covered.
- A version of this recipe was a Pillsbury Bake-off classic!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.