Print Friendly Recipe
- Cinnamon nut-filled rolled cookies
- HPBooks "Cookies" by Natalie Hartanov Haughton 1983
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream-style cottage cheese (8 oz (224 grm).)
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- Cinnamon-Nut Filling:
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ground cinnamon
- Beat together butter and cottage cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, beating until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- Wrap and refrigerate until firm, several hours or overnight.
- Prepare cinnamon-nut filling as follows:
- Combine unbeaten egg whites, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon, blending well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease baking sheets.
- On a floured surface, roll dough, one portion at a time, into a 10 inch circle.
- Spread each circle with 1/3 of cinnamon-nut filling to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Cut each circle into 24 pie-shaped wedges.
- Beginning at outer edge, roll up each wedge tightly.
- Place point-side down,1 1/2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Watch carefully.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets; cool on racks.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.