Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced bacon, cooked crisp (4 strips)
- 3 eggs or egg substitute, scrambled (precooked)
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced cooked chicken, pork, beef, ham or seafood (a great use for leftovers)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked rice
- 1 cup (225 ml) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onions, chopped
- Have all ingredients precooked or chopped and ready to combine.
- Heat pan and saute meat in a little of the bacon grease simmering 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice stirring until lightly golden.
- Add soy sauce and salt.
- Return cooked scrambled eggs and bacon and mix thoroughly.
- Add green onions and bean sprouts.
- Heat through--bean sprouts may still be a bit crunchy to add freshness to dish.
- I have been making this recipe since the late 60's and at this point 3 generations love it.
It came from Effie Hanson, my sister's next door neighbor in military housing in Hawaii. Thank you, Effie!
I never add any salt because of the saltiness of the bacon and soy sauce but often add additional soy sauce while cooking.
If there are any leftovers, the flavors only blend and get better.
Because of all the protien, the 4 in our family have polished this off as a main dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.