Print Friendly Recipe
- Lightly Breaded and Fried Chicken with a Tangy Lemon Sauce
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs (.9 kg). boneless, skinlless chicken breasts or thighs
- oil for deep frying
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sherry
- 2 tsp (10 ml) light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) light soy sauce
- heaping 1 tsp (5 ml) cornstarch
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) chicken broth
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon sauce (available from Chinese markets; made from sugar, lemon, vinegar and salt.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil or cooking oil
- Scrape excess fat from chicken pieces.
- Place chicken in marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Evenly coat chicken with batter.
- Deep fry in 365 degree (175 C.) oil until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes approximately.
- Drain on peper towels and transfer to serving platter.
- In small saucepan, mix cornstarch and broth.
- Stir and cook until thickened.
- Att lemon sauce and sesame oil and pour over chicken or serve sauce on side for dipping.
- The Chinese restaurant we patronize serves the chicken sliced diagonally on a bed of shredded lettuce with the sauce drizzled across the top.
They also pound the chicken pieces thin before cooking into a sort of cutlet.
A more healthful adaptation would be to marinade and broil the chicken without the batter and then serve with the lemon sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.