Print Friendly Recipe
- Chimney House B & B, New hampshire
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated orange peel
- 3/4 diced fresh rhubarb (or stewed or frozen and add 1 tsp (5 ml) strawberry essence to batter)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- Preheat over to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease 2 12-cup muffin tins.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk, oil, vanilla, and orange peel in small bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir with fork until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and sliced strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- For topping, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.