Print Friendly Recipe
- The Palm Hotel Bed & Breakfast, Jamestown, California
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar;add egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into greased 13 inch x 9 inch baking pan.
- Mix topping; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.