Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1/2 tspfinely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water, then raisins, lemon peel, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbley.
- May be served with ham, pork or poultry. I checked many resources and couldn't find any with honey as an ingredient. Many listed raisin sauce recipes to serve with tongue and had added ingredients such as Worcestershire sauce.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.