Print Friendly Recipe
- From Moamba, on the West Coast of Africa
- Pan American's Complete Round the World Ckbk by Myra Waldo
- 2 4-pound chickens, disjointed
- 6 cups (1425 ml) water
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) ground peanuts
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, shelled
- 4 cups (950 ml) hot cooked rice
- Clean the chickens and place in a deep saucepan with the water.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and stir well.
- Add the onions, sweet potatoes, and salt.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Correct seasoning.
- Place a whole egg on each plate and cover with some of the rice.
- Place the chicken and sauce on top.
- Serve with side dishes of sliced cucumbers, chutney, and sliced bananas.
- This edition of Myra Waldo's book was published by Doubleday & Company, Inc., Garden City, New York, May 3, 1957.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.