Print Friendly Recipe
- Tender medallions of pork tenderloin in a rich and creamy sauce.
- D. Lishus
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, sliced into 6-8 pieces
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). butter
- 12 oz (336 grm). sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) beef broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chopped fresh dill, or 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried
- Flatten pork pieces to about 1/2 inch thick with mallet.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter and saute mushrooms for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the other 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter in same skillet.
- Add the pork and cook 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until slightly browned.
- Add the onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the wine and half of the broth.
- Cover; lower heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Transfer pork to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Stir flour into skillet and blend with juices left from pork.
- Over medium heat, stir in the rest of the broth and cook, stirring, until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Stir in sour cream and dill; add mushrooms and heat through (do not boil).
- Serve with pork.
- Incredible flavors and very simple yet elegent.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.