Print Friendly Recipe
- Fried rice basically uses what you have on hand or leftover, but here is a great general recipe.
- D. Lishus
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked rice
- 1 small/medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen peas and carrots, cooked slightly, drained and set aside
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked ham or pork, chopped
- 1 4-oz. can mushrooms, drained and chopped or sliced
- about 3 tbsp (45 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tbs (15 ml). oyster sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- peanut or vegetable oil for cooking
- Begin by heating 5 tbsp (70 ml). oil in a large pan until nearly smoking.
- Stir fry the garlic, mushrooms and onions in oil until soft.
- Add the ham or pork and the cooked rice and stir fry a few minutes or until rice is heated.
- Add the green onions and peas and carrots to the rice and season with the sesame oil, soy sauce and oyster sauce and a bit of salt and pepper.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the middle of the rice in the pan and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Scramble eggs in pan with rice and then stir to cook eggs and combine all and mix through.
- Serve while hot.
- A nice addition would be some Chinese sweet sausage or strips of chicken and shrimp!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.