Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Johnson
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1 19 oz (532 grm). can white beans, drained and rinsed kidney or great northern)
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepan over Medium-High heat saute onions and garlic in oil until onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add jalapeno, chiles, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, beans and turkey.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cilantro.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top each with 2 tbsp (30 ml) cheese.
- *Variation: Brown approx. 1 lb (.5 kg). ground turkey breast with garlic and onions if cubed cooked turkey is not available.
- This recipe is from a friend from the Southwest is she swears by it!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.